Defend The Children.Org NEW

New Mexico Victims

Rest in Peace

3 Year old Shot to Death

November 6, 2007

Police arrested the father a 3-year-old boy who was accidentally shot to death.  The father  after fatally wounding the boy attempted   to clean up the scene.   He did not attempt to save his son's life according to police.

"Through some tips that came in, anonymous tips, officers found out that the child had actually been shot by the father while inside the house," said Albuquerque Police Department Chief Schultz.

The child, Alejandro Garcia-Salas, had actually been moved outside, and the  investigators were told by the father the boy was hit from a drive-by shooting.  Officers said they searched the home, it appeared as though someone cleaned up blood from the scene.  tThe police said they  found wet T-shirts on the floor where Alejandro was shot Monday, and soap pumps and a toothbrush near a wall where the child's blood splattered after he was hit in the chest by a large-caliber bullet. They also found a bullet hole that had been filled in with toothpaste.

When officers interviewed Salas again, they said his story changed. He claimed that a friend had come over with a gun and that while Salas inspected it, he accidentally shot his son.

"What is even more concerning is that many of the people who were in the house at the time of the shooting had fled the scene and have still not been talked to by members of the APD," Schultz said.

They are also looking for the actual gun that killed the young boy.

The boy was pronounced dead at 2:30 p.m. Monday at University of New Mexico Hospital.

Hector Garcia-Salas is charged with child abuse resulting in death and tampering with evidence.


Father Arrested In Infant's Death

October 18, 2007

Rest in Peace
Little Baby

October 18, 2007

The father of a 3-week-old baby found dead in a Santa Fe motel was arrested Thursday morning and charged with child abuse and aggravated battery.

Police responded to the Motel 6 on Cerrillos Road to check on the baby after a 911 call late Wednesday night. When officers arrived, they found the infant was not breathing.

The baby's mother and grandmother were in the room when the officers arrived. Officers said that the two told them the boy's father had harmed the child.

Police spent hours searching for Andrew Rodriguez, 27, of Santa Fe. They tracked him down early Thursday morning, arrested him and booked him into the Santa Fe County Jail.

Detectives are waiting for autopsy results to determine exactly how the child died

New Mexico Flag and Song

Click here to find out more!

Please email admin@defendthechildren if you wish to join or to correspond with us.  Also if you would like to give suggestions or ask questions please email us.  Thank you


This site  The Web 

The information on this site is not to be copied,  transferred or changed in any way without express permission of the owners/managers. Please feel free to link to us.

Much information is copywrited and while we have been granted permission to use it on this site, we do not have permission to transfer that permission to others.

We are grateful and thankful to those allowing us to use their information and strongly recommend that one checks out their websites and our links.  By all of us working together, we can help the children.